Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 8 ounces dark chocolate We suggest Guittard 70%
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs separated
- 1 cup coconut sugar Can use ¾ cup for lower sugar
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Sonoma Syrup Co. Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Sonoma Syrup Co. Almond Extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Chopped Hazelnuts for garnish will toast nicely for flavor while baking
- Vanilla Bean Crush Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9” springform pan.
- In a microwave, gently melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, espresso powder, salt, almond and vanilla extract for two minutes.
- Whip the egg whites on medium high speed until stiff peaks form. Pour the chocolate and butter mixture into the egg yolks and fold to combine.
- Fold half of the whipped egg whites and the cocoa powder into the chocolate mixture until lightly combined and then gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, top with chopped hazelnuts and bake in the oven about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool some before serving.
- Add Vanilla Bean Crush Whipped Cream. Enjoy!