Savory Fig, Prosciutto and Cheddar Waffle
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 3 ½ Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Cup Sonoma Syrup Co. Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 4 Figs
- 1/3 Cup White Sharp Cheddar grated
- 5-6 Slices Prosciutto
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Melt butter and let cool.
- In medium sized bowl combine butter, buttermilk, egg and mix gently.
- Add mixture to all dry ingredients.
- Drop batter into hot waffle iron.
- Add sliced figs and place a slice of prosciutto to the top of batter.
- Gently remove from waffle iron after 30 seconds.
- Top with Whipped Crème Fraiche and Spicey Vanilla Syrup. Enjoy!